My NYCC Day 1 highlights!
- After a late start (4 hours of sleep/night over the past week), I made it to the show right after 1pm. Producer Joe had set up theComic News Insider table (#3350!) and it was looking sweet! Podcast Arena is on and CNI is there!
- I walked around the smaller room that we were in and then did a run-through of the main floor. Stopping to briefly say hi to friends and folks all over. Very cool Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles themed through way from the small room to the big one.
- Where’s Artist’s Alley? It’s ALL THE WAY over in the Javits North building. Like a second con. Didn’t have time to walk it completely but talked to some artist friends. They seemed split. Some loved it. “It’s like our own separate show!” Others not so much. “It’s like our own separate show”. I’m leaning towards the latter but hoping they get a lot of traffic. ARTIST’S ALLEY SHOULD BE IN THE FRONT OF THE MAIN ROOM!
- Did a few interviews. Cliff Chiang at the DC booth. Photographer Seth Kushner at the CNI booth. A booth with a comic called Hi-Fructose Zombies caught my eye and I met the adorable newlyweds (David Phillips/Sarah Braly) who write/draw it so I interviewed them!
- Back at the CNI booth! Met some listeners and one was so cool when I introduced myself. “There’s that voice I love!” Ha! I may have even blushed a bit. Nice to meet listeners and know we have people who enjoy what we do.
- Mad thanks to Producer Joe for all the help and for manning the booth. And thanks to Anna and Gretchen for running the booth when I was off interviewing!
- Caught up with pal Lorraine Cink, host of Marvel’s The Watcher web show at the very end.
- Good steak dinner with roommate Ben Templesmith and others including pals Ming Doyle, Emma Vieceli, Becky Cloonan, Andy Belanger, Andy Diggle, Antony Johnston, Molly Kremer and Allison.
- Fun times at Scalped wrap party later on and ran into more friends. Alas, we called it a night shortly before 2.
More madness tomorrow. Woo hoo!