NYCC Day 2 highlights…GO!
- 3 hours of sleep. Literally. Off I went. Whee!
- First signing at the COMIC NEWS INSIDER booth was Rachel Pandich, a woman from my hometown of Jacksonville. Represent! More signings throughout the day with Ben McCool, Jonathan Baylis and Becky Cloonan.
- First interview of the day was Dan Parent of Archie Comics fame. For those that listen to the podcast and/or know me, you know what a big treat this was for me. Dan has been instrumental in some of the big storylines that have helped Archie make headlines and stay relevant. Really great stuff!
- I ran off to find my pal Grace Helbig (pictured above) doing a signing at the G4 booth. She’s tall. We met up with or mutual pal, Lorraine Cink at the Marvel booth. She hosts Marvel’s The Watcher web show and was doing interviews dressed as The Phoenix.
- Then I was off to find the press room for Kevin Smith and his reality show Comic Book Men. Except…IT WAS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND! Seriously, I could not find the room and the 3 info booths I visited had no idea. Thanks info booths! I was a little annoyed but had interviewed the guys earlier in the year and they said I could pop out to Red Bank any time to do interviews. Still, quite annoying how hard things were to find at NYCC at times.
- Another interview mishap after, as an interviewee was a no show. Hulk sad.
- But one great interview later with writer JT Petty (Bloody Chester)! Very interesting and cool guy.
- Of course, the raffle happened twice and it was awesome! We gave away lots of great swag! Thanks to all who donated and participated.
- I also finally spent a bit more time (though still not enough) in Artist’s Alley and said hi to friends. I took one of our CNI photographers Jessica around with me and she’ll have great pictures for you to see on the website soon!
- Dinner time. Off to Korean BBQ with Jessica and Lorraine! Then Lo C and I hit the Mary Sue party for a hot minute. Then it was off to the Image/Hero Initiative party which was rocking. Saw a ton of friends and drank a bit. Really great to run into James Asmus and Mike Norton. Been too long! And I think Jenny Frison is my new favorite person. Hoping to get her on the podcast as she’s hilarious!
- Thanks to Producer Joe and booth helpers Carrie, Emily, Jessica and Kasha!
More madness today. Can’t wait!