There were many drinks had and little sleep. But, your daily recap is here.
Day 3 (Saturday) highlights in 3-2-1:
- Late start due to a late night and lack of sleep again. But got in just in time for the first raffle of the day. Went swimmingly!
- However, my temporary crown in my tooth popped off causing considerable pain and consternation. Not a great start but I soldiered on.
- Great signings at the booth that day from Kevin Colden, Greg Pak, JM DeMatteis, Michael Avon Oeming, Emma Vieceli and Andrew Tunney.
- I interviewed Pak and DeMatteis while they had their signings and both are always engaging and fun.
- I attended the press rooms for the upcoming movies Evil Deadand Carrie (both “re-imaginings”). I couldn’t stay long in the ED room so only participated in one round table. But it was Bruce Campbell himself! He was so goddamn funny and cool. I was able to do two of the Carrie roundtables and they were with Julianne Moore and Chloe Grace Moretz. Julianne Moore is sooooooooooooooo durn perfect! I managed to get a couple of questions in with her. And Chloe was just a little adult. So professional and really knows her stuff.
- I popped over to the Red Bubble booth and chatted with their “Chief Community Officer” Peter Tomassi about their mission and products.
- I then ran over to the G4 booth to chat with friend and comic book guru Blair Butler. Always great to see her!
- Had a bit of free time after so CNI photographer Jessica and I went over to Artist’s Alley to walk around a bit. One table caught our eye so I interviewed cartoonist Neil Dvorak. I chatted with a few other cartoonists and asked them to come over to the CNI booth the next day for an interview.
- Big thanks to that day’s booth helpers Kristin, Nick, Jessica, Kasha, Gretchen and Anna!
- Due to the tooth issue, I decided to head home to chill for a bit and try to recap it. Alas, no luck with the recapping but I headed back out for a bunch of the parties happening.
- Met G4 pals Blair Butler and Blair Herter at a bar to watch UFC fights. Super fun and great catching up with both. They called it a night relatively early so I headed over to the Marvel bash going on nearby. Packed and stacked with tons of my friends. Thanks to CB for letting me be a part of it all. Lots of drinks and chatting with pals too numerous to mention. Fun times til around 3am and then off home.