- Very slow start to the day due to the tooth and extreme exhaustion of sleeping about 4 hours a night. Mad props to Producer Joe for keeping things running smoothly in the early hours of the show.
- More awesome signings at the CNI booth from Andrew Tunney, Rachel Pandich and Emma Vieceli.
- Due to my late start, I wasn’t able to get back to Artist’s Alley like I wanted. My pal Blair Herter of G4’s X-Play came by and we chatted on mic for about 30 minutes and then chilled for another 30 just shooting the shit.
- The CNI table was located near a bunch of Playboy Bunnies and even ex-porn star Tera Patrick. I’ve always been curious of what they think of comic conventions, are they nerds, etc. So…I went up and asked her for an interview. She said she’d be done in about 15 so I came back to get her. We joked around a bit at her table and then headed over to mine. Quite personable, funny, good sense of humor and yes, a bit of a nerd! Not into comics as much, but loves sci-fi (especially old sci-fi and Star Wars), zombies (she brought up World War Z and I just about jumped out of my seat) and kung-fu films.
- Good pal/frequent CNI co-host Kevin Conn interviewed me for a YouTube channel he was working for so stay tuned on when/where that will go up.
- More interviews starting showing up! Michelle Mozes, whom I had met the first day and really liked what she said about her work, came back and we chatted for a bit. Talented, smart and lovely lady. Later, Caleb Monroe came by to talk up his new book Steed and Mrs. Peel from Boom Studios. After, Josh O’Neil and Andrew Carl came by to talk about the new Dark Horse anthology Once Upon A Time Machine.
- Big love to booth helpers Kristin, Nick, Gretchen and Emily.
- And just like that, it was 5pm and time to pack up! Good-bye NYCC! You were great and crazy and busy and awesome!
- Me and my roomie Templesmith headed home to chill for a bit. I passed out asleep for about 15 minutes and quickly jumped up as I had to get down to my annual Dead Dog bash that I throw! It was a fantastic turnout, lotsa fun and many thanks to all whom attended! Mad props to my favorite Image Comics ladies Sarah and Jennifer for hanging til the wee hours. Home by 4:30am and some much needed sleep.
Overall, it was a fantastic show. Some logistical mishaps and overcrowding in many places. But it’s my hometown show and I loved it. Last estimate I heard was that about 115,000 attended. Woo hoo! See you next year, NYCC!